We could not deny that once we noticed that our concrete has cracks, we will immediately worry. We will start thinking of the reasons why it happens. We may have an idea that the foundation of our concrete has a problem. But, the main reason is in the structure. Whatever may happen to your concrete at home, remember that Lubbock concrete repair is beyond ready to lend a helping hand.
American Concrete Institute provides reasons for concrete cracking. It includes the following:
- Cracks are due to expansion and shrinkage.
- Settling structures beneath the concrete.
- An excessive amount of weight on the concrete.
- Water loss
- A lesser amount of vibration
- An excessive amount of water on the mixture
With the experience that we have, we learned lessons. We want to know about the things we must do and avoid cracks from destroying our concrete. Do you have any idea how to prevent cracks in our concrete?
Well, if none, this preventive measurement may help you:
- Do not put an excessive amount of water into the mixture of your concrete mixture. Usually, the amount of water is lower than the number of other mixtures. There are many disadvantages of putting a high amount of water into your concrete. It might expand and shrink that will cause cracks eventually. Be sure to seek help from skilled people if you want to have concrete in your home.
- You should use high-quality materials because it indicates best results. Apart from that, you should also have an accurate mix of the materials, or your concrete will be in trouble. There is a specific proportion of elements that you should add to your concrete. In case your cement will have a lesser amount, expect cracks. Be mindful of the materials you are about to purchase because some materials are prone to cracks and shrinks. The best thing to do before purchasing is to ask advice from your contractors since they have the experience and knowledge about everything in this field.
- Applying some finishing techniques is also essential to prevent cracks and other damages. Usually, a skilled individual will use the flat floating technique. A flat floating is a good help for the durability of your concrete. Aside from that, a flat troweling technique is also advisable. However, if you are new to this work and do not have proper training, it is best to leave this job to the most knowledgeable people. It will not only safely put yourself but also your money.
- To prevent cracks, you should provide control joints in your concrete. The control joints will prevent your concrete from shrinking.
- Experts recommend that an acrylic silicone sealer will prevent cracks in your concrete. It is best to apply it annually.
- If you want to have crack-free concrete, do not use calcium chloride in your mixtures.
- Protect your concretes from high temperatures. It is also applicable to newly-installed concrete. Exposing it to the direct heat of the sun will result in rapid drying and cracks later on. It needs to dry for at least three days to prevent concrete cracks.
Furthermore, if you want to have well-installed concrete on your property, hiring our company is the best thing to do. You can visit our website for more details!